Foreign Worker


Foreign Worker

Most foreign nationals need a work permit to work in Canada. There are 2 types of work permits.

Employer-specific work permit  

  • An employer-specific work permit lets you work in Canada according to the conditions on your work permit, such as: the name of the specific employer you can work for; how long you can work; the location where you can work (if applicable).
  • Before you submit your application for an employer-specific work permit, the employer who wants to hire you must give you either a copy of a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or an offer of employment number to include in your application.

Open work permit (LMIA exempted) 

  • Applicants for PR within Canada with certain conditions
  • Temporary resident permit holder
  • Student or Destitute student
  • Spouse of certain work or study permit holder
  • Post-graduate student  
  • Applicant under certain international agreement

Office Info

Login Form